Monday, July 19, 2010

Shoulder Shred

Back in May, I injured my right shoulder doing my Thirty Day Shred workout video. Darn that Jillian Michaels. I always knew she would be the death of me. I was doing a part that involved lots of pushups and planks and the next day my shoulder was just really sore. I also noticed that I couldn't move my shoulder the way I should. I decided to let it rest. I stopped doing the workout video and started walking instead. After about seven weeks, the shoulder still hurt and now so did my neck. So finally, I went to my doctor. She had me do a few exercises for her and then gladly informed me that I wouldn't need surgery or even an x-ray! She then referred me to another doctor who specializes in Airrosti. That has something to do with soft tissue. She told me he would work on me until I had tears in my eyes. I was all "well great! let's do this!." He's a chiropractor but only works on the soft tissue around your muscles rather than the spine. Basically, he spent thirty minutes pressing on my neck, shoulder and arm really hard with his thumbs. Then he did a really cool tape job that makes me look like some kind of athlete or something. I love the tape! I also heart Dr. Askey. I have at least two more treatments to go but he pretty much guarantees a full recovery in three weeks. I wonder if I can still wear the tape when my shoulder is all healed up.


4 comments:

  1. You didn't have the tape on when we ate supper tonight, did you? Sometimes I'm not very observant, but I can't believe I missed that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! You get pink tape!
    I always get the plain old white tape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i took the tape off yesterday but i get more on wednesday when i go back. i think i'm going to have black tape next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post! My name is Stephanie, and I am the Marketing Director at Airrosti Rehab Centers. We have a weekly feature on our Facebook Fan Page called "Testimonial Tuesdays" where we post written and video testimonials, as well as blog posts like yours. Would you be willing to let us link to your site from our fan page? You can email me at stephanie.malone@airrosti.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete