Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Road Trip-continued.

Okay, so my back is really hurting me this week which is why I couldn't sit and type one huge post about our anniversary. I'm a 40 year old with a 30 year old spirit trapped inside an 80 year old body. Seriously, I'm walking hunched over. Ridiculous.

Anyhow, after we got our ocean fix on Friday we headed out for dinner and a movie. Mike's friend had told him about a nearby restaurant called The Ragin' Cajun. After driving around Port Aransas for awhile and stopping for directions twice, we finally found out where it was and that it was actually called the The Crazy Cajun. Mike's food was super good. He ordered the big cajun boil of shrimp, crab, sausage, corn and potatoes. My food was only "eh". I ordered shrimp etoufee under the assumption that I knew what that was. Turns out I don't. But Mike shared his food with me and got me a piece of pie for dessert.





After dinner we headed out to an actual movie theater to see an actual movie on an actual big screen. It was great. We saw Red with Bruce Willis. I had never even heard of it but it was the only movie starting at the time we got there. What a fun movie! The next morning we checked out of the hotel and headed up to Corpus Christi to go to the Texas State Aquarium. What a little treasure this place is! There were no crowds. We didn't have to wait in any lines. And we saw dolphins! We can't wait to take the kids back there someday.



Petting a sting ray!



Mike almost got eaten alive by a great white shark. Yikes.

We had a great trip. Thanks to all who made it possible for us to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment