Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The day that should have been

So I think we all know that today is March 23, 2011. The day Amy and I were supposed to experience the culmination of our life long dream of meeting Rick Springfield. But then he cancelled. And I have to say I'm a little bitter.

I woke up trying to pretend that this was just any normal old day. That's pretty easy to do when you have to get two toddlers ready for "school" and out the door in a 45 minute time frame. Emma did not want to get dressed. She only wants to wear her new TinkerBell pajamas now. She wants to wear them all day, every day. So, that was fun. And Jake kept telling me that American cheese is made from whole milk. He has also started announcing his presence by saying "the King is here." I'm not sure what is going on with our son.

On our way to school I was listening to my favorite morning show on the radio. All of a sudden they started playing "Jessie's Girl." I was SO happy and excited. I actually had thoughts of this radio station following my blog and arranging for me to meet Mr. Springfield and somehow they were secretly following me on my way to work and played his song to get my all hyped up and then as I was pulling into the parking lot there he would be. Guitar in hand, playing my song just for me before I went to work for the day. And of course, I would get a hug, a picture and an invitation to come on the next Rick Springfield and friends cruise. (delusional much?)

Yeah, but none of that happened. Except for the fact that the radio station did randomly play my song this morning.

The kids at school today were "on fire" to quote one of Jake's teachers. They didn't really let me think about Rick too much.

Then tonight after I finally got Emma to bed and Jake was watching Tinkerbell before he went off to bed I got a phone call from Amy. My BFF. And this is why she is my BFF. She alone knew how disappointed I was going to be today and she shared in that disappointment. We ended the day with much laughter and I actually feel okay about not meeting Rick. I don't feel great about it but I'm okay. I've even forgiven Charlie Sheen and CBS.

No comments:

Post a Comment