Thursday, April 26, 2012

Adventures, healings and mortifications

Last week before my allergies got me down we took the kids to the Austin botanical gardens. Oh my word, they loved it so much! It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed being outside walking over creeks and looking for tadpoles and butterflies. There was a dinosaur along one trail too so Jake was in heaven.
My favorite was this blue and black swallowtail.
The kids keep begging me to take them back to the "big adventure place" now. In other news, Emma Mae was giving me her daily report on her boo boos last night and discovered that one on her knee was gone. She looked at me very seriously and said "mama, someone cancelled my boo boo." If only someone could cancel these winter pounds I've put on then all would be well. Because I have to tell you that I sat down on the floor at work yesterday and heard my pants rip in the booty area. My fat pants. Looks like I'm going to need to put away the Pioneer Woman cookbook and get out my healthy living one.

1 comment:

  1. Where is the dino? Pics or it didn't happen

    ReplyDelete