Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I have my ups and downs

Amy called me up last week and said she was getting rid of all of her chocolate and sweet stuff because it was making her gain weight. Then she gave it all to me to eat. That's what friends are for. I'm happy to help.

However, as I sat on the couch over the weekend, hunched over a 13 X 9 inch pan of chocolate cake, eating out of the pan with my fork, I realized that maybe the sugar in my life was also the cause of my "little belly".

I was so happy at Christmas because I finally lost all of the baby weight from pregnancy, but I think it might be creeping back on again. My clothes are snug and by that I mean tight. So I decided to give up chocolate and sweets and coke during the week. I'll still be able to eat them on the weekends which in my world starts on Friday. But I will try to exercise some self control in the sheer volume of them I consume.

Because in order for me not to eat those things during the week, they can not exist in the house. That is why I had to eat almost 3/4 of that chocolate cake by myself last weekend. I had to get rid of it. I'm sorry I couldn't just throw it away. That is wasteful and wrong. And I won't be a part of something like that.

Anyhow, I'm writing this on Monday night and I've successfully gone one day with no chocolate, caffeine or pastry in any form. Please pray for me. This is an internal battle that is very hard to fight. Because chocolate? It's just so good.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain! I am really good about chocolate and ice cream now, because it's not really in the house. I do have the 100 calorie Nutty Bars that I allow one a day if I feel the need for sweet.
    My problem...alcohol. wine...rum and coke. I put a pair of "nice pants" on and had to take/peel them off cuz I was sucking my lungs right out my chest trying to button them. Time to go back to the gym since I can't afford liposuction!

    ReplyDelete