Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Words escape me

I've been having a little trouble with my memory lately. And by that, I mean ever since I got pregnant. My question is will this ever end? Or will it just get worse? I would think that a year and a half later the pregnancy hormones would be out of my system. So, I'm not sure how long I can keep using that as an excuse.

One of my favorite words has become "thingy". Because that's what I call anything I can't remember the real name for. So it's like "hey honey, can you pass me that thingy with the thingy on it because I need to use it for this thingy." I sound so smart!

Also, last week I went to the grocery store and bought a can of evaporated milk among other things. By the time I got home and was putting away the groceries I could not remember why I had bought that milk. I mean I had no clue. I knew I got it for a reason though. I asked Mike why I would have bought evaporated milk and he had no clue either. So, for the next two days I thought about it. Finally, Friday night I was in the kitchen and just screamed out "macaroni and cheese!" I bought the milk to make homemade mac and cheese. It was such a relief. I'm writing about it now so that next week when I've forgotten again why it's in my cabinet I can come back here and read this. Unbelievable.

Any ideas on how to sharpen my memory?

No comments:

Post a Comment