Monday, July 21, 2008

We're making memories here

I have been wanting to get a good family picture made for quite some time. Over the weekend, we were at the mall to get me some more ProActive toner for my face because I can't go more than three days without it. While we were there, we stopped at a picture place and made an appointment for this morning.

Then I spent all weekend getting ready for the big event. I colored my hair to get rid of the grays. Unfortunately, I used some hair color I got on sale at HEB for $1.50. That's right. I said I colored my hair for $1.50. My roots turned out darker than the rest of my hair but at least they're not gray anymore.

I applied my ProActive toner faithfully. However, I had already made the mistake of going without it for three days before restocking so my skin is a little out of sorts right now. Imagine that. My skin has been my nemesis since I was ten years old. Back then a good sunburn would get rid of the pimples. Now, I get to live with the cavernous wrinkles those good sunburns have caused. No matter. I figured the photographer could airbrush out the wrinkles and pimples.

This morning I picked out our wardrobe, second guessed it and then went ahead and stuck with my original pick. Then we headed out the door.

That's when I heard Mike say "oh great". I looked over at him and he was looking at just the biggest, whitest deoderant stains on the outside of his nice brown shirt. So he went inside to clean up and I looked over at Jake who is now handing me his binky which has all sorts of chunky material coating it. As does his shirt. I guess the thought of having his picture taken by a real photographer made him nervous enough to throw up just a little. So, we finally got everyone cleaned up and headed out to the photo shoot.

And let me just tell you, Jake is quite the model. He was so cute and did just about everything the photog told him to do. I mean he was sitting down, jumping, laying on his tummy. On command! He did everything but walk the runway. The pictures came out really cute if you don't look at me too closely. It seems this particular picture place isn't so much into the airbrushing. Here's a tip though. If you're red complected like I have turned into being, get your pictures done in sepia or retro coloring. Much better than full on color if you've got red blotches on your face.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the results! A little spitup and stains are good, it just means you are a real family. You wouldn't want people to think you are perfect would you?? ;)

    ReplyDelete