Monday, July 14, 2008

Turbo Charged

It seems there has been a little confusion as to why I began calling Jake by the name of Turbo. We started calling him Turbo around the house because he races around here on all cylinders pretty much 99% of the time. You cannot believe how fast his little feet move.

However, I used to have a hamster named Turbo (actually, there were two; turbo one and turbo two) and a few of you seem to be getting the boy mixed up with the hamster. In fact, I've been feeling like I'm writing about the hamsters myself. They were such good little rodents. My roommate Mel and I had a buriel service for Turbo #1 that was just a great tribute to his fuzzy existence. I actually don't remember what happened to number 2. Sad. But truly, Jake pretty much looks just like they did on their little exercise wheels when he runs. You know how you can't see their feet because they're moving so fast? And how sometimes they get to going so fast that they fall out of the wheel? That's Jake. Except he's just falling down on the ground. I mean we don't actually put him in a giant wheel. Because we don't have one. Yet.

Anyhoo, in an effort to keep everyone happy and unconfused, I'm going back to calling our son Jake. At least until I come up with his next nickname. I'm thinking Scooter.

Although with a face like this who cares what I call him?!

4 comments:

  1. I like the name Turbo.....but I know how it is to be temporarily named after an animal. My parents called me Suzie for a few days after I was born....when they told me that when I was older I thought it would of been fun to be a Suzie instead of a Judy.....but then I found out that my Aunt had a dog named Suzie at the time I was born. Oh well..... Maybe you could call Jake "Super Sonic Kid" because he's so fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Turbo fondly! And I remember the wonderful service we gave him! I miss having pets around. Anyhow, you should call him "Jet-Pack Jake" or jet pack for short since he acts like he has a jet pack on his back! Or maybe you should just take pictures of him all the time because he seems to like the camera! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, too funny! To this day when I hear people call little girls "sissy" it reminds of me our old white dog.

    Mel, I'm so glad you remember Turbo and the day of his death. It was tragic. Love the ideas for nick names ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't turbo #1 the one you tried to fog?

    ReplyDelete