Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's been exciting ya'll

Here's what's been happening at our house the last three days. It started off with our next door neighbor having a sprinkler system installed in his yard. That was fine with us. I'm hoping that some of his sprinkler water will make its way over to our pathetically underwatered grass. For two days those guys were working right outside our kitchen window though which made our dog very uneasy.

Monday afternoon Jake and I came home from a playdate and they were still in his yard working. I noticed when I got out of the car that they all began talking to each other, looking at me and snickering. So I immediately and very discreetly got back in the car and checked to see if something was hanging out of my nose or something. I couldn't find anything majorly wrong with me. So I got Jake out of the car and we went to the curb to get our trashcan (because trash day is Monday) to bring it back into the garage. All of a sudden those workers stopped talking and looked down at the ground. That's when I noticed that they had decided to use OUR trashcan as THEIR trashcan for the day. I guess they thought that was funny. I seriously considered rolling the trashcan over to where they were working and dumping it at their feet. But I had Jake with me and I'm supposed to be an example and stuff. So I just swallowed, bit my tongue and rolled it into the garage. I may have made some off hand remark about how I should let the dog out to have his way with those workers on my way inside. I'm not sure. I knew they were scared of Brady but the truth is he would have just licked them to death.

Then today I noticed a crew of men with pickaxes and shovels on the other side of our front yard working up a storm. When I say working I mean that they were digging up our yard. I was pretty sure we hadn't hired anyone to do that. Later they told Mike that they were looking for some kind of wire and that they would fix the hole in the yard and give us some new grass and everything. Meanwhile, our yard looks like a construction zone with all that orange tape around it. You know how many people it took to dig that big hole? Three. One to dig and throw shovels around and cuss things out and two to stand under the tree and watch. I got to get me one of those jobs.


2 comments:

  1. I love the sonic cup sitting right there in the hole! It really adds to the ambiance of having a huge hole in our front yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, that's insane. You should call their office and speak to the supervisor. They should at least ask before they tear up your yard, let alone using your trash can. You should put a dirty diaper somewhere they won't appreciate to say thanks for the cup in the hole (neither of which you asked for). :)

    ReplyDelete