Monday, December 8, 2008

All I want for Christmas is to meet Rick Springfield

I don't usually use my blog to endorse products, but here we go. You may know of my obsession with Rick Springfield. If not, you haven't been coming here very long. Let's just say I'm crazy about him and his music. So when my friend Mel informed me that he had a new Christmas CD out this year I went bonkers. Before I could get over to Target to get my own copy, Mel said she would send me one for Christmas. Needless to say I was thrilled. There's nothing like having a friend who knows you well enough to seize upon the opportunity to send you the perfect gift. Unless it's having a husband who senses the same opportunity. Friday after having some much needed alone time out shopping with all the crazies here in town, I came home to an early wrapped Christmas present from Mike and Jake. There he was, Rick Springfield, staring at me while sitting in front of a Christmas tree on the beach. I couldn't wait to listen to it. Although I have to say there was a part of me that worried that it might suck. Because I just couldn't picture him singing Christmas songs for some reason. But let me tell you this CD did not disappoint me one bit. In fact, I'm in love with it. Most of the songs are very mellow with just his pure voice resonating love and I might add oozing a little sexiness too. I had a moment of conflict when I realized I was listening to Silent Night and thinking "man, he sounds sexy." There's something not quite right about equating sexy with a song about the baby Jesus being born. I asked for forgiveness and then felt better. After all, I'm guessing God knows what a good thing he did when he made Rick.

Anyhow, I highly recommend this CD. It's mainly traditional Christmas songs telling the story of Jesus' birth. It is the perfect way to unwind at the end of the day. Oh, Rick. It seems that after all these years, I just can't quit you. Well done, my friend, well done. Now, if only you would come to my house and sit and play guitar or piano while singing for me and a small group of friends.

I was thinking I would list my top ten favorite Christmas songs now. I'd love to hear your favorites too!

1.) O, Holy Night
2.) What Child is This?
3.) Do You Hear What I Hear?
4.) Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
5.) I'll Be Home For Christmas
6.) Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
7.) Winter Wonderland
8.) Silent Night
9.) God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
10.) Frosty the Snowman

2 comments:

  1. Rick rocks and the Christmas CD is awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you love it! Damn you Mike! j/k If he does show up at your house, please call me, I would like to be there. :)

    ReplyDelete