Monday, December 22, 2008

I get excited just thinking what it might be like

Thanks to a comment a fellow Rick Springfield lover left on my blog awhile back, I have learned the most interesting and exciting news EVER. Drum roll please...
Next November marks the date of the second annual Rick Springfield cruise to Cozumel, Mexico. Do you hear what I'm saying? There is a cruise to Mexico that involves Rick Springfield. Apparently, he is on the ship with you the entire time and gives concerts on board. And you have the opportunity to meet him, get pictures with him and maybe even have a conversation with him if you remember how to speak in his presence.

There are so many things about this trip that appeal to me. First, did I mention that Rick Springfield would be on board? Second, I would get to be on a boat again. Okay, it's actually a ship. I know it wouldn't be the same as being on the RV Sea Explorer with the waves crashing over the bow, the wind whipping through my hair and the dolphins riding the bow wake. But, still I would be on the water again! In the ocean! The ocean.

I wouldn't have to cook anything for five days. It seems that on cruises the meals are all inclusive and I've heard they never run out of food. I love food.

I think we would actually get to get off the ship in Cozumel. Which means if time permitted, I would be snorkeling before you could say "lady, you really should not be wearing that bikini."

Lastly, I would be among kindred spirits. I've lived a lot of my life having to try to explain my love for/obsession with Rick. But on board an actual Rick Springfield cruise I don't think I would have to explain myself. I would just be surrounded by people who also feel the same joy listening to him and looking at him that I do.

So, I'm in need of fundraising opportunities. How can I go about raising the money it would cost to go on this dream vacation? And how do I convince my husband that it would be fair for me to take a vacation without him when we've never even had a honeymoon?

4 comments:

  1. Make a craft, or cookies, or something you can sell to fellow moms/neighbors. Have a garage sale. Ask people at school/work to help recycle cans/bottles. Or, you could just sell a spare kidney on the black market. :)

    When does all this money need to be raised by?

    Just tell Mike he is welcome to come with you if he helps fund raise his own ticket (or sells his kidney for you).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell him you need some girls time since being a Mom is really hard and I will go with you to justify that excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think chasing after another man qualifies as "girl time."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would keep her honest!

    ReplyDelete