Monday, December 15, 2008

Number Two!




Jake officially turned two years old yesterday at about 7:30 in the morning. We had his birthday party on Saturday. Here are the highs and lows. He liked getting presents but really didn't understand what it was all about at first. I had to unwrap most of them which means I'm in all the pictures as are my bare arms. Clearly, I'll be trying out for a defensive lineman spot with the Cowboys next year.

He loved, loved, loved his birthday cake and being sung to, and he was able to blow out his birthday candle all by himself. He wanted us to keep singing Happy Birthday indefinately. And he enjoyed eating his cake too.

We had family come in to celebrate with him which was really nice. My parents, sister and her family, and Mike's brother and his family all came. And this is where Jake's low point of the day came along. His cousin Alia who is about four months younger than him was here for the party. Let's just say that Jake had a hard time sharing his day with her. It got to the point where he would reach out to hit her if she was just walking in his vicinity. Clearly we have some work to do before baby Emma gets here.

All in all I think Jake had a good day and we can't believe we have an official two year old on our hands now. He is really coming along with his vocabulary and is a little chatterbox most of the time. He loves to play with his trucks and has the cutest laugh when the tickle monster comes out to get him. He loves to play and can keep up with older kids most of the time. The most recent development for him is his love of movies. I'm not sure if this is good or bad. He's really into Finding Nemo, Ice Age, and Veggie Tales. He talks about the characters all day long letting us know if they are awake or going night-night. We love having him in our lives and can't wait to see what this year brings for him.

2 comments:

  1. He loved his cake cuz his Mommy put so much love (and chocolate) into it. I want a piece of that cake too! You have to tell me when Jake starts singing the Barbara Manatee song! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did he get to have the whole cake?
    I think my kids are comin' over next year...they just get a cupcake from me.

    ReplyDelete