Monday, December 1, 2008

Peaceful Blue Friday

I thought about going shopping the morning of Black Friday, but then I came to my senses. Why would anyone venture out of the house on a day named Black? Maybe if it was named Happy Yellow Friday or Perfectly Purple Friday I would have left the house. But for Black Friday I chose to stay in all day and watch Finding Nemo four times. Okay, Jake is the one who chose to watch Finding Nemo four times, but I played along. I'm not sure if he was under the weather or just feeling blue from the whole Black Friday thing, but whatever the case, my little bundle of energy just felt like being mellow all day. Praise God! Mama needed a day of silence and reflection. I can't remember what I reflected about but I'm sure it was good.

Since I've been having trouble sleeping at night, I decided to forego my afternoon nap. So after putting Jake down for his nap and listening to him cry hysterically while screaming "NO, NO, NO WAAAYYYY!" for exactly five minutes before he gave it up and fell asleep for 2 1/2 hours, I chose to relax and get a jump start on Christmas from the comfort of my own home. That's right. I'm talking online shopping people. So much better than facing crowds at the mall. I managed to get about half of our shopping done. Then I went downstairs, got a cookie and some milk, put some Christmas music on and started addressing Christmas cards. It was truly one of the best afternoons I've had in years. Aside from the fact that I was faced once again with the fact that my handwriting has turned to complete chicken scratch over the years. I blame it on the computer age. Why practice penmanship when you can just type an email?

Anyway, I'm happy to report that I'm feeling all in the Christmas spirit now afer my two hours of quiet and solitude. I'm certain I wouldn't be in this happy place had I gone out to Target where I surely would have had to lay the smackdown on some unsuspecting lady buying the last latest edition Elmo toy in the store.

3 comments:

  1. I was still camping on Friday, but thought about shopping on Saturday and quickly dismissed it. I too love the online Christmas shopping! And I get more reward points on my credit card for shopping online.

    I am sure you know Rick Springfield has a new Christmas album out, my question is how many times have you subjected Mike to it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT?!!! I DID NOT KNOW! I will be searching for it the next I'm at Target. Are regular stores carrying it???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually it might be a Target exclusive so look there first.

    Check this out, today is Cyber Monday! Who needs the craziness of Black Friday when you can get great deals online on Monday!!

    http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/106208/Your-Guide-to-Cyber-Monday-Deals

    ReplyDelete