Sunday, September 27, 2009

Diet Diaries



Yipee! Oh, I know it's not a big weight loss, but it's something. The main thing I did this week was to cut back on snacking and add more veggies into my diet. By more, I mean at least one a day. I'm not a huge fan of the veggie unless it's dipped in chocolate. Really, I think the biggest thing so far is that I switched to Coke Zero from regular Coke saving myself over 100 calories everyday. Also, I have pretty much given up my nightly bowl of ice cream. Life is hard.

Not every meal we eat is healthy by any means. But here is one I'm proud of. Baked salmon with an avocado, tomato, onion, cilantro relish with lemon and lime juice on top. Delicious! We served it with asparagus and a baked sweet potato. It was prettier than the picture gives it credit for but I'm pretty sure I had already devoured half of the potato when Mike took the picture.

6 comments:

  1. I need this recipe. I can't get your Dad to eat salmon unless it's canned and made into patties. I would have never guessed you weighed over 120. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also would like this recipe. Congrats on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. here's the recipe. take two salmon filets and bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes or until flaky. while they're in the oven just chop up about half an onion, small tomato, some avocado and cilantro. stir it all up in a bowl with a little lemon juice, lime juice (i use juice from half a lemon and one lime) and some kosher salt and pepper. i like to chill it before putting it on the salmon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ad the best part is that it seems easy enough for even me!

    ReplyDelete