Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Goodbye to an old friend



This is what's left of the last chocolate cake I will make until I see 130 pounds on the scale. I know it's hard to tell what it is what with the frosting being gone and all. I had a moment of weakness on Sunday and while I was on my way to the trashcan to throw away the cake I buckled and just mowed down the remaining frosting along with that thin layer of moist topsoil at the top of the cake. Oh, and it was good. I highly recommend making this coca cola chocolate cake if you're looking for a cake that will stay moist over time. It was in our house for a week (which is a miracle in and of itself that a cake could last a week with me around) and it just got better with time. Much like fine wine, blue cheese and Patrick Swayze's performance in Dirty Dancing. Here's hoping for a better week in my diet diaries.

1 comment: