Sunday, July 24, 2011

Brownies and things

I discovered (again) that my body does not have the same metabolism that it did when I was 20. Last week while my parents were here I went on a pie making/pie eating, brownie making/brownie eating binge. That coupled with no exercise for a few days resulted in the return of two unwanted pesky pounds. Total bummer.

I'm determined not to give into the weight. I will lose it. As soon as the temperature in Texas goes back into the 80's. I'm predicting that will be around Christmas time. Just in time for me to go on a cookie baking/cookie eating, fudge making/fudge eating binge.

Here are some good pictures my dad took of the kids swimming while they were here.


When I look up and see my boy catching more air than a breaching great white shark, I just close my eyes and say "it's gonna be all right" over and over. Or I think about brownies.


Look at the joy on his face! It's exactly the way I look when I take a pan of brownies out of the oven...


Couldn't you just eat her up? Like a big, gooey brownie?


Our children are so petite. They can eat all the brownies they want and not gain an ounce. Enjoy it while you're young kiddos!

3 comments:

  1. Sure wish I could see them this morning. You forgot to mention how bossy Emma is when she wants you to sit right here on the rug and play with her. Love them both and wish I could sit there with her this morning. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete