Friday, June 22, 2012

Little list

1.) My hamster bit me today. For the first time. I hope it's the last time. I'm not gonna lie-it hurt. He was actually hanging onto my pinky with his teeth. I had to fling him off while I screamed in terror. He drew blood. What is the life span of a hamster?

2.) Emma Mae came up to me today and just hugged me forever (like she does many times a day). I said "little girl, what are you doing?" and she just said "loving you". That was the sweetest moment of the day.

3.) I'm sitting here smelling peach/blueberry fruit crisp in the oven and smoked brisket on the grill outside. The kids are in their room playing and the Beatles are on the radio playing. Second sweetest moment of the day.

4.) Mike and I are considering eliminating or greatly reducing the amount of processed foods we eat. We have both grown a little thick in the middle. We considered giving up white sugar and white flour. But then we came to our senses. This all started with me reading a book of course. 7 by Jen Hatmaker. Who I just found out is a neighbor of ours. Great book about reducing what we have to increase God in our lives.

5.) I have to write about Duck Dynasty. Along with The Bachelorette this is my new guilty pleasure. These guys are so ridiculous they are cute. I need a show in my life that makes me laugh out loud.

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading 7 as well! I thought the same thing about processed foods while reading chapter 1. It's a powerful book, isn't it? I just started Chapter 2, on clothes. I would so love to eliminate the excess in our lives, but it seems you have to have everyone on board...I don't know about my husband, or daughter. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Hope your finger is okay.

    Your daughter sounds like such a sweetheart! Each day my kids randomly hug me and tell me that they love me--like you said, those are definitely highlights.

    Kids are great! :)

    ReplyDelete