Friday, June 24, 2011

Last day of VBS

Well we made it through the VBS week! Emma was done. In fact, her class was out on the same playground that we had my class on at the same time and she threw a FIT when she saw me. At KKW we could run into each other all day long and she would smile and say "hi, mama!" and then go on her way. Not today. She wanted me to hold her and carry her and take her home. When I had to put her down to pick up one of the babies in our class she fell on the ground and seriously acted like she was possessed with a demon.

All of the classes came together at the end of the day to put on a big musical production. I'm thinking I may change my mind about Jake going into the acting business someday. I thought this might be right up his alley. I had visions of him stealing the show up there singing and doing all of the hand gestures and everything. Instead, our child sat on the front row of steps and kept pulling his shirt up over his head.



That's Jake in the green shirt. Can you see him? Mike came up to see the show and was videotaping some of it. He caught some stuff that I couldn't see from where I was standing. It seems that when Jake wasn't hiding in his shirt, he was intent on distracting the kids around him into doing "the wrong thing." Check this out.



We couldn't be more proud.

Emma's class didn't get to participate in the musical. But they did get to attend the performance. They had great seats in this cool red buggy. We had a great week, but I think we're all ready to get back to our lazy mornings of walking the dog and swimming in the sweltering heat.


No comments:

Post a Comment