Saturday, June 11, 2011

They're Back!

Well, Jake and Emma came back to us Wednesday afternoon. I met Cheryl, Katie and the kids at our local hamburger joint to have lunch and do a munchkin exchange. As soon as Jake saw me he ran up to me and threw his arms around me and started saying "Mama! Mama!" It was so cute. He cuddled up to me at lunch and told me how much fun he had at Aunt Cheryl's house but that he was happy to be going home. He actually kissed the house when we got home. Multiple times.

Emma, on the other hand, refused to look at me or even acknowledge my presence when she saw me. She wanted nothing to do with me. She sat in between Cheryl and Katie at lunch and she cried hysterically when they left the house to go home. She kept saying "I want Cheryl! My Katie!" It was so pitiful.

Needless to say, both kids had a blast on their first official sleep over. They went swimming, played at a park and I dare say were spoiled rotten over the course of two days. For some reason, Emma thinks she should be carried around 100% of the time now. Not sure what that's all about.

She was either completely worn out or completely unhappy about being back at home with me. This is how I found her about two hours after they got home.


I guess she had to put her blankies over her face so she couldn't see me. She was probably dreaming about Cheryl and Katie.

I enjoyed my time off from mommyhood. I did almost everything on my checklist. Except for playing the piano. I'll have to bang that out some other time. Mike and I enjoyed a couple meals alone and we even took a break from painting the house one night to go to a movie. We saw Bridesmaids and if you can get over the raunchy parts it really is hilarious. I was super excited to see a painting of Rick Springfield hanging up on the wall in one of the houses in the movie. Crazy! Not only did I get to see a funny movie, but I got to see my Rick as well. Who could ask for more?

I'm so happy to have my little guys back at home. We have been swimming more times than I can count and are looking forward to a marathon of Birthday parties for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment